Maintaining Readiness for Civil Defense and Emergency Situations
The Company takes preventive measures to minimize the risk of natural and human-caused emergencies, preparing to protect and actually protecting the Company’s personnel and material assets from hazards arising from or due to military conflicts as well as in case of emergencies. Tabletop trainings are held on a regular basis as per the approved schedule to drill emergency response actions and interaction between the Emergency and Fire Safety Commissions of Zarubezhneft JSC and its subsidiaries.
The Company confirms preparedness for abnormal and emergency situations through an integrated approach that includes:
- inspection of protective structures and training of people responsible for civil defense and emergency situations in training centers;
- timely development and approval by state supervisory authorities of response plans in case of oil and petroleum product spills at the fields;
- training and attestation of non-professional emergency response teams at the fields;
- agreements for drills to be carried out twice a year by professional emergency response teams belonging to the gas rescue service and the well-kill safety service;
- drills on possible emergency response actions conducted for personnel.
An integral part of Zarubezhneft JSC personnel operations in the occupational health and industrial safety management system is constant and systematic interaction with the contractors carrying out their activities at Zarubezhneft JSC production facilities as per the laws of the Russian Federation and the Company’s approved internal requirements.
The Company pays special attention to enhancing production culture, leadership, and personal involvement of managers, as well as to improving internal interaction levels in respect to HSE. These are facilitated by practical implementation of target programs in the course of production:
- 12 Life Saving Rules;
- Leadership in HSE;
- HSE Risk Management;
- 5S System in the framework of Zarubezhneft JSC Production System.
145 people from the Corporate Center and subsidiaries were comprehensively trained in the 5S System and arranged into groups of internal coaches for 5S System development in Zarubezhneft Group.
Following the results of 2019, the investment costs allocated for provision of safe working conditions in Zarubezhneft Group amounted to over 500 MM RUB.
The Monitoring HSE Indicators Information System was modified and the Technoarea Safety Information System (TS IS) was improved over the course of 2019 as part of automating the occupational health and industrial safety processes. The TS IS was introduced in two stages and was piloted by Zarubezhneft-Dobycha Kharyaga LLC, where a third-party organization acted as the contractor. The system has been distributed to the remaining subsidiaries of the Russian segment by the subsidiary Giprovostokneft JSC.